First ya got your prototype. That's this little guy below.
And a mold is in order as I'll need 248
of these little babies, 30 of them with Bs.
So I've learned, the interesting way, to be ready
BEFORE I mix the plaster.
My next step is to put the mold walls together.
This is a simple and handy system easily
adapted to a number of sized molds.
So simple its almost beautiful.
Four boards with a chunk of wood
screwed to one end of each board.
It's much easier to use C clamps
But I used the clamps I had.
You can see where I've caulked the corner seams with plasticine clay.
Once placed over the prototype I'll caulk the bottom seam also.
Around the prototype,
tacked into place with a few glumps of clay
Bag-O-Plaster, bucket of water.
Sprinkle . . .
Until continents start to form.
Give it a few more sprinkles just because.
All mixed and smooth.
But not before I got my hand into that
clingy, slimy, wet, smooth, silky, creamy cool plaster
to eliminate those inevitable lumps.
One hand only!
Must keep one hand clean and free.
A personal rule. It comes in handy.
The mold with the plaster. No leaks.
Jiggle the set-up or use a sander without paper
to work the air bubbles out and to the top.
Now time to wait.
First hot, then cold, then hard for sure.
Clamps off. The walls literally fall away.
Mold and prototype.
The prototype is in excellent condition.
Often the prototype is destroyed. Very happy.
This will come in handy down the line!!
After giving the plaster a bit of time to dry, I'll post the making of the tiles.