Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
To be truly challenging, a voyage, like a life, must rest on a firm foundation of financial unrest. Otherwise, you are doomed to a routine traverse, the kind known to yachtsmen who play with their boats at sea... "cruising" it is called. Voyaging belongs to seamen, and to the wanderers of the world who cannot, or will not, fit in. If you are contemplating a voyage and you have the means, abandon the venture until your fortunes change. Only then will you know what the sea is all about.
-from Wanderer by Sterling Hayden
Sunday, July 5, 2009
- I'm always up for learning and trying new things. And adventure. I was so disappointed to not be on the Kon Tiki with Thor Heyerdahl.
- I have 6 cats by various defaults, all of them involving my daughter. I love them all. (I love my daughter, too!)
- I lived on a sailboat for 11 years and am currently working toward acquiring another one, Pearson Triton, older model, close to Florida. Anyone hear of one, let me know!
- I grew up in the Midwest and had an "Opie Taylor/Leave It To Beaver" childhood.
- In one of my former lives, I was blind.
- If I could I would live in a house with no walls, where the interior meets nature unencumbered. My next big project will be to build a home that is totally off the grid.
- I love color, vibrant, vivid, life-encompassing color.
- Linda at Lime In The Coconut - a beautifully orchestrated blog with poetic text and mouth watering images.
- The Mud Show Diaries - a wonderfully written blog by Valerie Berta Torales that documents life on the road in a Mud Show (Circus). This particular circus, The Kelly Miller Circus, is owned by John Ringling North. Through Valerie's eyes, I am learning what life on the road is like for my friends, Miss Vickie and Luckie Eddie, who ran away to the circus in mid-life. What adventurers! It gives a whole new perspective to the grueling schedule of a small circus traveling across America. It will be enlightening.
- Art By The River - A blog by friend and fellow artist Julie. She has given me many words of wisdom about things beyond art.
- Pearson Triton #680 - About the restoration of one of my favorite sailboats!
- Wooster Collective - An amazing collection of street art, gives you a whole new perspective on graffiti.
- Fabulon - For an edgier perspective. Great bits of the 50's, 60's and 70's among sumptuous and provocative imagery.
- Art Mundo - The latest major project I've been honored to be involved in with three other amazing women: Allie Comer, Sherry Horton and Deena Wynne. Check it out. And if you're in the area of Fort Pierce, Florida, come check us out. We've come a long way in a year and soon Art Mundo, A Center for Creative Expression at The ArtBank (our physical location) will be offering a full fall compliment of classes and workshops. We also will be developing our outreach program for the community plus artist opportunities and exhibitions. So, visit the blog often to keep in touch with what Art Mundo is up to.