Monday, March 3, 2014

The Evolution Of An Idea

 from Fish Head Press



I don't know about you, but I have a "thing" for paint chips.  Maybe it
has to do with all the great colors at my fingertips!  Anyway, when I was 
browsing Pinterest, I came across these great little notes from 
a shop called "thought process" on Etsy.

So, I made a few. They were fun. I gave a few away. But they sort of 
left a void. I started thinking "how can I make this idea mine".
To me this was obviously a Fish Head Press item. So, they needed to be 
hand printed.  


This is what I came up with. First the design, carved on a block.


Here's my little stamp.


I cut my paper & made the appropriate folds to indicate where I needed to print.



then I printed and assembled!


A single sheet fully printed and folded.


Match Book Notes closed.


Match Book Notes back.


Match Book Notes open. 

These will be available for purchase in Fish Head Press, located in
The Studios Back Under. Check them out next Art Walk, March 12 
in The Studios On Orange, 111 Orange Avenue, Downtown Fort Pierce.
Also available at my Etsy shop Ginny Piech Street

One of the things beneficial to me as an artist is to always be
on the search for ideas and experiences that grab me,
sometimes subconsciously. They get stored somewhere
(Pinterest?) for possible future integration. Use the tools
you have to make it yours.


Art Is Theft.
              - Picasso


No comments: