Sunday, March 9, 2014

Gelatin Print Notecards


I love printing with a gelatin plate. This process is simple, but it's difficult
for me to make a complete art statement. So I find that using the prints for
other purposes such as note cards gives great results.


I've gathered my materials. The gelatin prints have been cut to size, 
giving attention to composition.


This is where the real fun begins.  I lay out the blank cards, put the 
gelatin prints on top, then assess each one for visual weakness.
I add extra trimmed pieces to make the weak ones happier.
Can't get totally away from the collage!



Time to glue.  Here I'm running a line of glue across the top to adhere
to the card blank.


I position the print on the notecard blank.




I give the card a good rubbing from the back, using a printmaking barren.

 Below, a few cards.








You can make your own gelatin print cards this Friday,
March 14 from 1 to 4 pm, in The Underground at Art Mundo
111 Orange Avenue, Downtown Fort Pierce.

Pre-registration is required.  


No comments: